The Whale Tales Photo Expeditions are exclusive workshops led by Lindblad Expeditions Director of Photography, Ralph Lee Hopkins. Each expedition will provide you with a unique and in-depth experience to learn and explore some of the key elements of nature photography with whales as your muse.
For more information, contact us at 808-572-5700.
WEEK 1: FEBRUARY 21-24, 2023
Limited to 10 guests per week, this intimate experience includes 5 private whale watches with Ultimate Whale Watch led by Ralph Lee Hopkins, a welcome dinner with National Geographic contributing photographer Flip Nicklin, photo mentoring and instruction with Ralph.
- Option for special hotel room rate at The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua.
- Welcome dinner with National Geographic photographer and Whale Trust co-founder, Flip Nicklin.
- Daily transportation to group events (including dinner and whale watches).
- 5 Private Whale Watch excursions with Ultimate Whale Watch.
- Catered breakfast at the harbor each morning.
$3500 minimum donation per person.
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Limited to 10 guests, this four-day photo safari aboard a private catamaran charter (8 hours per day) will provide you with a unique and in-depth opportunity to learn and experience nature photography with the experts at your shoulder.
- Welcome dinner with Lindblad Expeditions Director of Photography, Ralph Lee Hopkins, National Geographic Photographer and Whale Trust co-founder, Flip Nicklin, and special guest Mark Kelly.
- 8-Hour daily photo safari with Allen Marine Tours aboard a private catamaran charter, including meals.
- Daily shuttle to and from harbor.
All funds raised support Whale Trust research and education programs.
All proceeds from the Whale Tales Photo Expeditions support Whale Trust, a 501(3) organization (Tax ID # 91-2144632) organization dedicated to scientific research and public awareness of whales and their environment. Based on Maui, we conduct and support marine research and education programs around Maui and elsewhere throughout the Pacific Ocean. Our vision is a world that understands, appreciates, and protects whales and the ocean planet we share.