Maui is one of the best places on the planet to observe and photograph whales. We now offer exclusive seminars and expeditions to learn how to photograph whales from the pros.
SECOND ANNUAL WHALE TALES PHOTO EXPEDITION
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21st – FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24th 2017
Join Lindblad Expeditions Director of Photography, Ralph Lee Hopkins for the Second Annual Whale Tales Photo Expedition! The expedition will provide you with a unique and in-depth experience to learn and explore some of the key elements of nature photography with whales as your muse. Limited to ten (10) guests, this intimate experience includes daily private whale watches at sunrise and sunset, a welcome dinner with National Geographic contributing photographer Flip Nicklin, personal mentoring and instruction with Ralph, special room rates at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, and several sponsorship benefits associated with Whale Tales. This expedition sold out quickly in 2016, register early to reserve your space!
All profits support the research and education programs of Whale Trust.
COST: $3,500 Minimum Donation (Per Person)*
• Option for special hotel room rate ($229 for standard room at Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua). This rate does not include taxes and resort fees, which will total about $66 p/day or approximately $295 p/night for 2 people. Room upgrades are also available at discounted rates but are based on availability.
• Welcome Dinner with National Geographic photographer and Whale Trust co-founder, Flip Nicklin
• Daily transportation to group events (including dinner and whale watches)
• 5 Private Whale Watch excursions (includes 15 hours total-private charter trips with Ultimate Whale Watch, crew tips included)
• Daily pass for Whale Tales 2017 (February 24-27)
*OPTION: WHALE TALES PHOTO EXPEDITION + WHALE TALES 2017 SPONSORSHIP
Exclusive Sponsorship Opportunity for Whale Tales Photo Expedition Participants
Whale Tales Photo Expedition participants who increase their donation from $3500 to $5000 will be recognized as an event sponsor and will also receive the sponsorship benefits associated with the Minke Whale Sponsorship level including:
• Two (2) invitations to the VIP Opening Reception at Kapalua
• Two (2) tickets to the Flip Nicklin and Friends Whale Watch
CONTACT AND RESERVATIONS
To reserve your space and make your donation, please contact:
Join an Expedition with Flip Nicklin
For the avid traveler and wildlife enthusiast interested in an active and engaging experience, there’s no better way to experience nature and wildlife up close and personal than a Lindblad-National Geographic expedition led by expert naturalists, marine biologists and photographers.
Whale Trust Maui’s very own Flip Nicklin leads several expeditions each year from the frigid seas of the Arctic to the warmer waters off Baja.
Looking for a Maui Whale Watch Company?
Check out our preferred whale watch partners who support the work of Whale Trust Maui.